Event Sales Position
This three-month contract position owns all event space and classroom space client interaction, from time of booking to end of event follow-up. This position will include: be the main contact for all external event leads, as well as with Impact Hub’s preferred catering and alcohol vendors; will be responsible for all incoming leads, which will include but is not limited to: communicating an initial price quote, the initial walk-through, all communication and coordination leading up to the event, executing and staffing the event, and will also be responsible for all billing and invoicing for events; supervise 2-3 PT sound/AV engineers that Impact Hub contracts for events.
This person needs to help us maintain our current booking procedures while we produce a conference and work through an overall systems overhaul.
- Manage all online event reservation and confirmation, including: event inquiry tracking, reconciliation, member communication about events, series quotes (recurring), all follow-up, and walk-throughs.
- Own all internal event management, updating the event manual as needed, managing all AV/techs, and updating the event rental quote form as needed.
- Serve as day-of coordinator for events.
- Works with Community Partnerships and Sales Manager on high-level sales client follow-up and major event conference planning and contracting.
- Own all dashboard metric tracking for Event Sales.
Event Administrative + Logistical Support
- Own venue rental client communication and follow-up after sale/contract has been established. Manage pre-event walk through, AV and equipment details, confirm banquet and liquor licenses, etc.
- Follow-up with venue rental clients to improve event services and encourage repeat-bookings.
- Add items to calendar (online and in-space as necessary).
- Provide day-of staffing as needed.
- Provide general day-to-day event management, including event signage, managing set-up and clean-up of events, managing AV/techs for events, waste management, event logistics, and vendors.
- Main Event Space bookings, client services, logistics, and communication.
- Classroom bookings, client services, logistics, and communication.
- Event software management.
- One point of contact between initial inquiry to close of event.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in an event management position (will consider multiple types of positions in the sector).
- Must be a registered independent contractor.
- Experience in a hospitality role.
- Possess extraordinary organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented to the max.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a must.
- Must be an incredible self-starter and fast learner.
- Proficient in the use of Google Apps, and will have had experience working with many different types of software systems.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Administrative experience.
- $18 -22 / hourly (independent contractor role)
- 20-25 hours/week for three-months
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Event Position” in the Subject line. In the body of the email, please remark on your customer service experience and philosophy and event management experience - one paragraph only, please!
Position open until filled - however, we will be looking for a short turnover, and would ideally like to have someone in place by June 24th.
No email/phone call inquiries. We’ll get back to you 1-2 days after your submission. Thank you for supporting our mission!
IMPACT HUB SEATTLE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF.