Member Support Manager
As a member of our small, entrepreneurial, hard-working team, you are a hospitality extraordinaire on the front lines of Impact Hub Seattle's coworking, office, and conference offerings. We cannot grow without you. A critical thinker, you are part of a team with a wide range of responsibilities including serving as the the Member Support Manager, directly responsible for owning all membership processes to create a consistent and quality member experience. This position shall require many different tasks, but at minimum will include: improving the overall member experience; reducing the number of monthly member cancellations; coordinating all member processes for a consistent member experience through the customer journey map; and tracking and adjusting metric numbers as necessary.
You help manage the working and meeting requirements for an incredibly inspiring community of entrepreneurs and changemakers that is growing at lightning speed to ensure that the job is not only done to Impact Hub's high standards, but also in a way that promises long-term sustainability and care for our world's resources.
You will assist in cultivating a collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity. You will need to be motivated by autonomy and ownership yet keen to report to other staff at all stages. You will be friendly, responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable managing a team of 11 volunteers.
- Build and execute a strategic retention plan in collaboration with Managing Director.
- Create customer journey map with Managing Director.
- Develop monthly retention and churn targets.
- Implement ‘Tracks’ program for each new member during New Member orientation, and consistently refine and improve in collaboration with Managing Director.
- Recruit, train, orient, and manage hosting team, including:
- Daily management;
- Host projects;
- Host intranet/manual;
- Sending out weekly email.
- Manage all aspects of membership experience and customer journey, including:
- Reporting and displaying success stories;
- Establishing new member intros (Member to Member connections);
- Random acts of hospitality / surprise and delight;
- Presence for member problems;
- Procuring and providing media/PR opportunities for members.
- Work with Managing Director to create and implement yearly member survey, including creation, follow-up, and presentation of results.
- Own and implement all current member follow-up emails and touchpoints.
- Work with Event Manager to produce and host Impact Hub-branded events, including but not limited to (arrange for hosts, book catering, make reservations, manage internal promotions, etc):
- Celebration events (i.e. Holidays, pop-up HHs)
- Member lunch programming (food ordering, set-up/take-down, hosts)
- Member organized events
- Office Hours
- Lunch and Learns
- Coffee Collider
- Consistently create, refine, and improve Impact Hub-produced member programming.
- Work with Communication/Marketing Lead to clearly communicate all programming opportunities to members.
On-boarding and Communication
- Work with Communication/Marketing Lead to consistently target different member demographics with curated information based on their needs and interests in services and amenities offered.
- Manage, create processes, implement, and refine all onboarding for new members, including:
- New member brochure;
- Coordinate and host New Member Orientation;
- Host New Member Kick-Off days through Host Program and/or Orientation.
- Manage all member-to-member communication tools, including adding members to listserv + email group.
- Manage and refine member intranet.
- Manage most member communication, including:
- Listserv emails;
- Reminders about closures, other important membership policy information;
- Monday email.
- Create processes for member communication, including:
- Escalation process
- Guest policy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a hospitality-facing position (will consider multiple types of positions in the sector).
- Experience managing a volunteer team.
- Possess extraordinary organizational skills.
- Practice good leadership qualities by possessing strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Possess good organizational and management skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a must.
- Must be an incredible self-starter and fast learner.
- Proficient in the use of Google Apps, and will have had experience working with many different types of software systems.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Administrative experience.
- FT/salaried; compensation commensurate with experience
- 90-day salary and contract review
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick time
- Eligible for ORCA
- Eligible for group health plan
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to l[email protected] with “Member Support Job Description” in the Subject line. In the body of the email, please remark on your customer service experience and philosophy, administrative management experience, and career goals over the next three years - one paragraph only, please!
Position open until filled - however, we will be looking for a short turnover, and would ideally like to have someone in place by February 29th.
No email/phone call inquiries. We’ll get back to you 1-2 days after your submission. Thank you for supporting our mission!
IMPACT HUB SEATTLE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF.