Membership Agreement Updates
Last updated on April 15th, 2015.
Whenever our Membership Agreement is modified we will notify you that changes have been made by updating the month, day, and year currently displayed on this membership agreement statement. This Agreement is always available on the Impact Hub website.
Member agrees on behalf of self (whether individual or company) and all of its’ employees, agents, guests, or invitees (hereinafter “Licensee” or “it”) by entering into a Space License agreement with Hub Seattle LLC (hereinafter "Hub Seattle" or “Licensor”) agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Licensee will NOT:
- Maintain or store any inventory of goods upon the premises.
- Use the Premises for illegal purposes.
- Tamper with, borrow, or remove property kept in another Licensee’s area without their express permission.
- Cause or permit any hazardous substance to be used, stored, generated, released or disposed of on or in the Premises. “Hazardous” shall be determined in sole discretion of Hub Seattle.
- Act in a manner that, in Hub Seattle’s sole discretion, does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation and enjoyment of the premises of Hub Seattle, or the building, including without limitation creating any disturbance to occupants of the Hub Seattle premises or the greater building or their employees, licensees, guests or contractors.
- Allow non-members access to the building after hours without continuous accompaniment and for express business purposes, such as a meeting.
Licensee understands and agrees that:
- In order to end or downgrade a membership, notice must be provided by prior to the next billing cycle. Note that it takes 48 business hours to implement any changes.
- Six month membership contracts must be maintained at the level signed up for or above for the full six months. “Complete” memberships are for a year and subject to the separate “Complete” agreement, which wholly incorporates this agreement into it.
- Members who hold a 6-month contract may pause their membership for one month. Billing continues through the paused month, one month of unbilled membership is added at the end of their contract.
- This Space License with Hub Seattle does not constitute a lease, but is rather a license between Hub Seattle LLC and the Licensee for monthly licensing of a given space and common area (office tenants may have an additional sublease directly with Hub Seattle, which shall be a separate document). Hub Seattle may terminate this license at any time and for any reason, provided they refund any amounts Licensee has already paid for future occupancy. There is no long-term agreement under this Space License unless specifically agreed elsewhere.
- The card and key(s) that Licensee is being provided are exclusively for Licensee’s purposes and will not be shared with anyone else without Hub Seattle’s express written permission. Licensee understands and agrees that a $20 payment will be required to cover each card and/or key given.
- Licensee is responsible for ensuring that all guests invited into the space comply with the policies outlined in this document.
- Licensee must maintain any private area and all common areas in a neat, clean and in a sanitary condition. The common areas may be restricted from general access from time to time for events or other activities. Hub Seattle shall aim to limit this impact on access.
- Any signs, symbols, or pictures that Licensee wishes to place in the windows or doors of the premises, or upon any interior part of the building shall be subject to the approval of Hub Seattle.
- Neither Hub Seattle LLC nor their respective agents shall be liable for, and Licensee agrees to defend and hold Hub Seattle LLC and their respective agents harmless from, any claim, action and/or judgment for damages to property or injury to persons suffered or alleged to be suffered on the Premises by any person, firm or corporation. Licensee shall indemnify, defend and hold Hub Seattle LLC harmless from and against all loss, cost and expense, including attorneys fees, arising from any act, omissions of negligence of Licensee or its officers, contractors, licensees, agents, servants, employees, guests, invitees or visitors in or about the Property. The foregoing provisions shall not be construed to make Licensee responsible for loss, damage, liability or expense resulting from injuries to third parties caused solely by the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of Hub Seattle LLC or their officers, contractors, licensees, agents, employees of other tenant of the Property. Licensee specifically and expressly waives any immunity it may be granted it under the Washington State Industrial Insurance Act, Title 51 RCW: Licensee’s indemnity obligations under this agreement shall by be limited by any limitation on the amount or type of damages, compensation or benefits payable to or for any third party under the Worker Compensation Acts, Disability Benefit Acts or other employee benefit acts. This paragraph has been specifically and mutually negotiated by the parties.
By signing up for an Impact Hub Membership, Member is indicating consent to all of the above terms and conditions for the length of said Membership. The Member/Licensee specifically consents that these conditions may be changed from time to time and hereby consents to the most recent version displayed on the ImpactHubSeattle.com website.